Although I try very, very hard to keep this plugin bug-free. Sometimes thingss out of our control happen. There are 2 main ways that you can submit bugs to Find My Blocks.
Find My Blocks is an open source project, which means that anyone can readily see the code that powers the plugin. This code is hosted on a site called Github.
To submit an issue, click
here and then the button
New Issue. Fill out the information asked for.
On the right hand side you will see an option to add a label. Use the label
bug to report a bug or issue with the plugin, or use the label
feature request to request some new functionality.
You can also report a bug or feature request through WordPress support topics.
To report a bug on WordPress please prefix your topic with
BUG: and for a new
feature or functionality, please prefix your topic with
REQUEST:. This will
help to prioritize what to work on next.
Are you a developer and would like to contribute to Find My Blocks? The process for contributing is quite simple.
- Follow the Readme to get set up.
- Indicate a
feature requestthat you would like to work on
- If the
feature requestis not in Github issues, please add it
- If the
Find My Blocksand make your changes.
- If this is your first time contributing to an open source project, DigitalOcean has a great resource to help walk you through the steps.
- Submit a PR against
Find My Blocksreferencing the bug or
feature requestthat you are working on.
- Once approved, I will merge into
There are a few things that you should know before contributing to
Find My Blocks
Find My Blocksis written primarily in React and Typescript with a little bit of PHP used to handle the WordPress features.
- Linting and Testing are a must. Pull requests will not be approved if sufficient testing is not included.
- Documentation is important. All code submitted should be properly documented through docz or commented in code.